Saturday, February 22, 2014

Blog Post # 6

Questions: What are personal learning Networks? How can they help you as a teacher? How are they formed? How can you create your own PLN? Who will be the first additions to your PLN? A PLN can either stand for personal learning networks or professional learning networks. According to Steven Anderson's video, Building Your PLN - A Primer for Anyone,a PLN is a way for professors/teachers to networks with each other about different educational strategies that can benefit his or her students' learning. However, personal learning networks are tools that can be used to benefit yourself on a personal level, such as organizing your computer to where it can accommodate your school and professional work. A PLN can be formed by interviewing people whom you see that could possibly be a part of your circle ,or you can observe people's behavior within their social medias. I believe a PLN could be very beneficial to my future career( becoming a teacher) because this gives me the opportunity to communicate with well experienced teachers that could possible give me great advice on how I can be successful with my profession. I plan on creating my own PLN by networking with mentor teachers that I have met with over the years and hopes of expanding my circle with teachers that I have met during this course of EDM310. My first addition to my PLN will be a teacher mentor, Mrs. Moss, who I have known for years. She is one of the reasons why I have decided to become a teacher and has been a big supporter of my life. Dosa PLN title=

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janelle my name is Allison and I am a student in EDM510. I think that a PLN is the greatest tool I have ever used and it is something you will use everyday once you build your own. A mentor teacher is a great way to start because it is a personal connection that you can reach out to for support with the click of a button. You can include links to professional sites such as
    ALEX, and
    TRIP, where you can get valuable resources to help you with your day to day lesson plans. You can create quick link frequently used sites for college such as Sakai, USA home, and your blog. You can also create links to tools such as Vimeo, Screenr, or
    Glogster for Teachers. The possibilities are endless and you are correct in saying that a PLN can be built for professional, social, and personal purposes. Have you chosen the tool that you will use to build your PLN? I built mine with Symbaloo and found it very easy to use. You can arrange individual screens each of which can be devoted to a particular topic such as personal finance, social media sites, University of South Alabama, and professional links. Make it work for you so you don’t have to work as hard. I use mine everyday and would be lost without it. This is link to my
    My Blog. If you scan down to July 18,2010, there is a video on how to make a PLN with Symbaloo. I made this after I first learned to use the tool and you may find it helpful even though it was a very amateur effort. Good luck building your PLN and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...that can be use to benefit yourself …" used, not use

    "...accommodate your school and occupation work." Substitute professional for occupation.

    "PLN can be formed by…" You need the word A before PLN in this sentence.

    "...interviewing people who you see that could possible be apart of your circle or you can observe people's behavior within his or her social medias. I believe PLN could…" whom, not who; possibly, not possible; a part, not apart; people is plural so his is not appropriate. Use their instead of "his or her." You need a before PLN.

    "... with well experience teachers …" experienced, not experience.

    Too many writing errors. You must proofread what you write.

    ReplyDelete