Monday, March 31, 2014

C4K Summary for March

For the past month, I have enjoyed viewing and commenting on students' blogs from Pt England School in Auckland, New Zealand. I must say, technology has really done a 360 within the schools compare to when I was in elementary. However, students today are more technology illiterate than we were.

Post#1: Arthur M is a 2nd grader in Mrs. She's class. He made a video post and drawing of his weekend at the beach. He explained how he loved playing in the sand and swimming in the water. My comment: I must say, you did a great job on your video and your picture. I love swimming at the beach as well. It is very relaxing.

Post#2: Rebekah is a seventh grader in Mrs. Nua and Mr. Banks class. She made to presentation to demonstrate how to find the mean from a group of numbers. For instance, 70+40+90+50+100+70+90+50=560 560/8=70( the mean). My comment: I love how you explain step by step on what how to find the mean. Thank you for your many examples. There were very helpful.

Post#3 Calvin is a seventh grader in Miss Clark's class. In his post, he display how we could use the triangle addition in order to better master addition. My comment:The triangle addition is a great way to learn addition. I actually just learned this concept in my math class except we used fractions. Thanks for sharing this information with me. Pt England Students Blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment